The Mission Statement for the Tennessee Arts Academy focuses on serving the professional development needs of all K-12 arts teachers. The Academy Highlights section brings into focus the many activities that support TAA's mission.
The mission of the Tennessee Arts Academy is to provide exceptional quality professional development, arts training, support, encouragement, information and renewal to K-12 teachers and to promote and honor the role of the arts in the lives of all Tennesseans.
The TAA staff will be guided by the mission statement and a shared commitment to make decisions based on the best interests of the teachers we serve.
The Tennessee Arts Academy is held annually for six days in July on the campus of Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee. Eligible participants are K–12 arts specialists, classroom teachers, and administrators from all 95 counties throughout the state. Spaces are also available for out-of-state participants, artists, college professors and pre-service teachers. Arts Academy highlights include:
• In-depth and intensive workshop sessions designed to meet the specific needs of arts teachers, taught by nationally recognized instructors and artists in the fields of music, theatre and visual arts
• Renowned and inspiring speakers who muse each day about the role the arts have played in their lives
• Daily special guest artist performances that include music, theatre, and dance
• Three exclusive on-campus TAA art exhibitions featuring professional, student and teacher work
• Exciting cross-disciplinary and multidisciplinary workshops offered throughout the week
• Special Arts Leadership and Administration workshops offered for school administrators, supervisors and arts teachers
• Multiple occasions to network and socialize that include a welcome reception, Belmont Mansion tour, gala Academy Awards Bravo Banquet, TAA Carnival and Vendor Fair, and farewell Finale Luncheon
• Over $100 worth of free teaching materials provided to each participant
• All breakfasts, lunches, and two dinners provided during the week
• Teacher recertification points and administrator TASL credit awarded
• Academic credit available through Belmont University
Online registration is available at www.tennesseeartsacademy.org. Registration begins October 1 of each year and runs through June 30.